We are draped in honor of Janice Mae Corfman, Past National President of the Ladies of the Grand Army of the Republic who passed on February 26, 2019.
The Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War is a fraternal organization dedicated to preserving the history and legacy of heroes who fought and worked to save the Union. Organized in 1881 and chartered by Congress in 1954, we are the legal successor to the Grand Army of the Republic.
The Ben Harrison Camp No. 356 was organized in Indianapolis, Indiana on June 19, 1884 with 46 members. Most of these original members would have certainly been “Real Sons.” The camp was reorganized on March 8, 1897 with 32 members, presumably because the first camp disbanded.
The Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War has three primary missions:
Honoring Union Veterans
The SUVCW cooperates in doing honor to all who have patriotically served our country in any war.
Farragut No. 27
Evansville, Indiana (Vanderburgh County)
Organized: 30 June 1881 Disbanded: 1936
The post was named for ADM David Glasgow Farragut (1801-1870), famous Civil War leader and former Commandant of Mare Island Naval Shipyard.